Roxanne and I attended the meeting, not as RFCA delegates, but as homeowners.
Quick rundown as to the information that came out of the meeting last night.
1.Caves Valley gave a brief presentation concerning their downtown development plans.
Among the additional information, these two pieces are of note.
If they go Student housing above the first two floors, they are projecting 600-900 student beds.
Onsite parking will provide approximately 1400-1600 total use parking spots.
They are unable to determine traffic flow impact in the downtown area at this time.
2. BCPD Precinct Commander
Commander reported concerns about confidence scams against primarily the elderly.
Request was made for the Commander to increase awareness of County Requirements and restrictions on Door-to-Door Salespersons.Comment from Delegate concerning Officers sitting in cars for extended times, working on required reports, and administrative workload. There was no dissatisfaction stated about the stationary nature of the vehicles, but rather, could the Officers park in a more visible manner, to project a Police presence. A specific request was put forth to have Officers park in a visible location along Stevenson Lane anywhere between Bellona and Osler to possibly slow vehicular traffic on Stevenson Ln.
3. Towson University
Students will be returning for the semester this weekend. Most activities will be inside, however, expect a marked increase in vehicular traffic in the Stevenson/Osler/Towsontown Blvd areas as students and their possessions return to dorms and outlying rental properties.
Ribbon cutting on the new pedestrian footbridge on Osler will take place today.
Construction will start either this weekend, or next week on the Women's Softball field.
Equipment is reported by TU to already be staged onsite for commencement.
Not reported at the GTCCA meeting, but as reported on NextDoor Rogers Forge by a homeowner, Towson University will be increasing tailgate partying from the previously allowed football Homecoming game, to now allowing tailgating on at least five football games. This activity will take place in close proximity to the rear of Stanmore Rd/Ct homes.
Discussion with Councilman Marks, who was present at the meeting, revealed his unawareness of this change in the TU tailgating policy. At his request,
e-mail has been to the origination NDRF poster to communicate information directly to Councilman Marks. This was done to respect NDRF posting policy prevents the transmission or forwarding of comments beyond the limitations of registered NDRF users.
4. Dumbarton Middle School/Towson University Women's Softball
GTCCA President, Paul Hartman reported on County Executive's decision to withdraw funding for DMS project that would cause the loss of trees and green space. He additionally reported on Towson Universities decision to withhold installation of electrical conduit for stadium lighting at this time, but that there is a clear intent to light the field in the future, once funding is available.
As many of you know, the GTCCA was approached several months ago by both Gerald Truelove and RFCA, as represented by Micheal Bayer to request that GTCCA and the surrounding communities adopt a formal position of support in in our opposition to these projects. This formal support was quickly voted into approval, and as a result, you may have noticed GTCCA presence both at the Dumbarton Middle School meetings, and the Towson University meetings. Additionally, letters of formal opposition written by GTCCA appeared in several media outlets.
5. 101 York Rd project.
Community input meeting for the PUD will beon September 9th at the County library downtown Towson branch. This meeting will be different in that the County will be hosting, and will be looking for community input and concerns. The President of GTCCA requested as many people as possible attend this meeting. As some recent residents may not be aware, both GTCCA and RFCA are in formal opposition to the project. Background may be found on page three of the April 2014 RFCA Minutes, located at the RFCA website, or follow the link @
Currently, our September meeting, to include Board elections has been scheduled for the same day as the PUD input meeting in order to not conflict with parents desiring to attend the DMS Back to School meeting on the 10th, which would be our regularly scheduled meeting date.
Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.